Play Summer Baseball
Summer Baseball is almost here…!
We are asking everyone interested in playing Summer Baseball with the Mornington Pirates to register your interest on the form below to assist us in our pre-season preparations…
The season kicks off at the beginning of October & is played through to March with a 3-4 week break over the Summer holidays.
The Junior Summer competition is run by Charters, the Mornington Baseball Club is part of the Southern Mariners Baseball Charter.
FRIDAY NIGHT JUNIORS (6-7:30pm)
- Rookie Ball (ages 7-11), an introduction to Baseball, perfect for beginners, 6 a side, coach pitch only
- Little League Minor (ages 8-11), still modified rules but good for those with some experience, kid pitch, the step before Little League Major
- Intermediate League (ages 11-13), known as 50/70 Baseball, base paths and pitching distance a bit bigger than Little League, kids can take leads
SUNDAY JUNIORS (9-11am)
- Little League Minor (ages 8-11), modified rules but good for those with some experience, kid pitch (will only be played Sunday mornings if numbers allow), the step before Little League Major
- Little League Major (ages 9-12) is the top level of junior baseball for this age group, still 60 ft base paths, no leads
- Junior League (13-14) games are played Sunday mornings
- Senior League (16u) has a State (top level) and Metro comp. Senior League comes under the VSBL and is not part of Charter Baseball
SUNDAY SENIORS (1pm or 3:30pm start times)
- The senior Summer Competition is run by Baseball Victoria and is known as the VSBL (Vic Summer Baseball League)
- Senior games are played Sunday afternoons
- Male and female players can play ‘seniors’
- Males must be 14 years minimum
- Females must be 13 years minimum (we currently do not have a Womens team in Summer but if you are interested in playing Women’s please contact Jo Schutt on 0425 785 161)
MONDAY NIGHT MASTERS (6-7:45pm)
- Masters (38+) are played Monday evenings, must be 40 to pitch, a few modified rules such as no stealing bases, no bunting
- Usually Thursday nights but this will be determined once coaches are appointed
PREPARE TO PLAY….
ALL players must register and pay fees upon registration with Baseball Victoria & Baseball Australia here before you can take the field: REGISTRATION LINK – will be live soon
New players will need to create an account and register. Existing members will need to login and register.
PAY CLUB FEES HERE – link will be live soon
LETTERS OF INTENT / CLEARANCE
Please note, the Summer season is administered by Baseball Victoria (Vic Summer Baseball League).
If you have played for a different club over Summer in the last 5 seasons you will need a letter of intent and clearance. This applies to juniors and seniors.
If you have only played Winter Baseball with another club you won’t need a clearance to play Summer.
Please email secretary@
If you don’t have TeamApp please head to the Play Store or iTunes and search for TeamApp, once downloaded find the Mornington Baseball Club and request access to the appropriate playing group.
- White pants
- Black belt
- Black socks
- Any under garments / sleeves must be black
- Cleats (juniors must wear moulded)