Welcome to the Mornington Baseball Club, a premier baseball club located on the Mornington Peninsula, Australia, an hour south east of Melbourne in the beautiful coastal town of Mornington. Primarily a winter season club, we cater for all age groups, male and female, juniors and seniors, from 8 years of age to .... well quite old!! You can find us at CB Wilsons Reserve, 35 - 55 Wilsons Road, Mornington.
We have two diamonds complete with dugouts. The main diamond is well maintained all year round and is complete with light towers. Our clubrooms are modern with a large canteen and licensed bar. There is ample off street parking and a playground for the kids.
We have an experienced Division 1 Club Coach as well as an efficient & effective Executive Committee dedicated in the development of the club and the promotion of baseball throughout the Mornington Peninsula.
Our club colours and logo are influenced by the MLB Pittsburgh Pirates.
The Mornington Baseball Club participates in the DBA Winter League competition managed by the Dandenong Baseball Association. The season commences in April and concludes in September each year. We enter teams in the Seniors, Womens and Junior competitions.
The Mornington Baseball Club participates in the Victorian Summer League competition managed by Baseball Victoria. The season commences in October and concludes in March each year. We enter teams in the Seniors, ‘over 38’ Masters, and Junior competitions.
Player Age Groups & Competitions
All new Junior and Senior players are welcome to join our membership. Our Junior and Senior teams accommodate both male and female players. We value inclusion and participation and we encourage anyone interested in playing Baseball to join our ranks regardless of age, experience or demographics, to make our teams more dynamic and diverse.
Played on Saturday mornings. Game time is 8:45am for all juniors
- Age Groups: The cut off date for each age group is September 1st. This means that the player must be under the age group that they are playing in, as of September 1st in that year. For example, if a player turns 14 years old prior to September 1st, they will play in U16s.
- Mornington Baseball Club currently has a team in the Under 12, Under 14 & Under 16 competitions
Played on Saturday afternoons and includes male & female players
- Players must be 14 years of age to participate
- A1: 2:30pm
- A2: 12:00pm
- B1: 2:30pm
- B2: 12:00pm
- C1: 2:30pm
- C2: 12:00pm
Played on Sundays. Game times are either 10:30am or 1pm.
- Girls must be 13 years of age to play in the women’s competition
- Senior Female Players
- The Mornington Baseball Club has a Women’s team
- Enthusiastic ‘Committee of Management’ dedicated to supporting the growth of the club and its membership
- Highest certification, Good Sports Level 3 Accredited Club
- Junior Development Program that coaches and develops young players into highly motivated and talented baseball players
- We currently have nine dedicated coaches who are NCAS Level 3 Accreditated with Baseball Australia
- Magnificent grounds with two upgraded playing diamonds
- Excellent club facilities with ample off street parking, playground and BBQ
- Regular social events with a family-orientated club culture
Junior Co-ordinator: Glen Bodey Send Email M: 0438 190 575
Social Media & Webmaster: Matt Hardie & Russell Johnston Send Email
Grounds Managers: Chris Taylor Send Email M: 0409 216 745
Merchandise & Uniform Manager: Alicia Bodey Send Email M: 0438 868 992
Bar Manager: Myles Dowsett
Canteen Manager: TBC
Equipment Manager: Ben Hardy
Club Coach: Rowan Johnstone M: 0422 586 450
Women’s Coach: Jo Schutt Send Email M: 0425 785 161
Documents & Resources
Looking for something? Check the range of club documents and coaching resources.
If you come across something you think we should share, please email email@example.com
We are always looking for volunteers and encourage anyone interested in being involved in the club to learn more about how you can assist.